COVID-19 UPDATE – Lobby re-opening plan
Thank you for being our members. We cannot express enough gratitude to you for the way that you have supported us over the last few months. You have been so accommodating to this new way of conducting business and we hope that we have been able to meet your expectations of service.
With the anticipation of Gov. Baker’s ‘stay at home’ order being lifted on Monday, May 18, 2020 we are now entering a whole new world of uncertainty and confusion about what we should and shouldn’t be doing to keep our members and staff safe. There will be some guidance provided to us on how the phases of re-opening business should look but a lot of decisions will be left up to the individuals running those businesses. I am going to be 100 percent honest with you; the staff and I are going with what feels right in our guts to make choices around re-opening our lobby. In all probability it will not be a perfect plan to start and I will continue to ask that you remain patient with our staff as we figure out the flaws and work to fix them.
Franklin First plans on re-opening the lobby for limited hours starting on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
What you need to know:
- The lobby hours will be Monday- Friday 10am-3pm. The drive-up Teller will maintain normal hours 8:30am-5:00pm. Saturday’s will be normal lobby and drive-up hours 9am-12pm.
- There will be a greeter, or as we have now labeled it, Ambassador of Entry (AOE) that will be controlling and limiting the amount of people in the lobby at one time. You may be asked to wait outside or in your car if the lobby is at limit.
- As long as Gov. Baker’s mandate on face coverings is still in effect, we will be reversing our normal policies and procedures and will require that you only enter the lobby if your nose and mouth are covered with a CDC recommended face covering/cloth mask or similar. We do, however, take the physical safety and comfort of our staff seriously as well as the safety of your money. So, you will be asked to briefly lower your face covering so the staff member that you are working with (and the Police, if you are feeling nefarious) can properly identify you.
- Loans and member service will remain appointment only. Please give us a call or message us through online banking to schedule an appointment. Chances are we can help you without you making the trip in.
All the standard safety gear that you have seen or read about will be in place; Plexi-shields, social distancing signage and markers, and hand sanitizer will be available to use.
Although I still encourage you to use our online and mobile banking, remote deposit capture, online account opening, loan applications and ATMs, simply for the convenience to you, we do miss seeing your faces and chatting about what you are up to. Our Family hopes that the ‘new’ normal doesn’t become the normal and we can see your smiles again sooner rather than later.
Franklin First Federal Credit Union
COVID-19 UPDATE – 03/20/20
Franklin First FCU is taking the health and wellness of our members, employees and neighbors seriously amid the growing concerns of Coronavirus (COVID-19) globally and within the communities and neighborhoods we serve.
As a result of Governor Baker’s actions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, and to keep our employees safe, we have decided to temporarily close our branch and operate via Drive-Up window only, effective Friday, March 20.
Our Drive-Up window will remain open and operate during normal business hours with the capability to perform transactions limited to: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, check cashing, money orders and bank checks.
Your Funds are Insured
Franklin First FCU is NCUA insured, which means your deposits are safe, secure and insured regardless of what is going on in the market.
- Learn more about NCUA Insurance
We encourage members to utilize our remote services during this time. You can conduct transactions from the privacy and safety of your home.
- Online and mobile banking – You can schedule bill payments, transfer funds, and check activity and balances at your convenience 24/7.
- Deposit checks remotely with our mobile app which can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play
- Apply Online – If you need to open an account or apply for a loan, it can all be done online
- ATMs – Access your money at thousands SUM and MoneyPass ATMs without a surcharge.
- Email Us – Send us a message through our online contact form. Please do not include account details
- Call Us – Our Member Service Call Center is ready to assist you with your banking needs. Simply call us during our regular business hours for assistance (413) 774-6700
- Keep monitoring our website, email and Social Media for updates.
Loan applications and processing will go on exclusively through electronic channels until further notice via phone and online. You can apply online at www.franklinfirst.org, and most documents can be completed via e-sign. We understand that some members may need to still see a loan officer to complete their closing etc., so the Loan Department will also be able to make appointment if you need to come into the branch.
With this in mind, we ask that you limit your visits to the credit union for loan and deposit services through the remaining available options if possible, especially if you are not feeling well. We want to insure our members that we are making every decision around Covid-19 with you, our members, and employee’s best interests in mind to keep the majority of our services available to you and limit the impact to your financial resources.
Everything we do starts first with you, our Members, and our employees and we are striving to do all we can to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and be there for you to provide assistance with the high level of Member Service you expect from Franklin First FCU.
Thank you for your membership.